- Wear comfortable clothing that you can move and sweat in!
- Water bottles are welcome, and we have mats to borrow (although it is best to have your own).
- Please silence cell phones or keep them on buzz if you are on call or have kids at home, and do not worry one bit about walking in late.
- Preregistration is not necessary for our regular classes, but recommended for workshops.
- Most of all - have fun!!!
Trying something new feels a bit daunting, but the hardest part is deciding to do it! At Sanctuary, we want to make your decision an easy one with well respected experienced teachers, and a comfortable space where you can be yourself.
We often get asked, "What class should I start with?" The answer is found in another question,
"What do you need yoga to do for you?"
- If you are new to a lifestyle of movement or are interested in yoga as therapeutic and supportive of another sport then start in Yoga Practice level 1-2, or Gentle Yoga.
- If you have been practicing yoga and would like to fine tune your technique and advance your practice then try Yoga Practice level 2 and up.
- If Iyengar Yoga and alignment and strength are your focus don't miss out on our Align & Stabalize class.
- For those inspired by lots of dynamic movement and breath in their practice, Ashtanga, Jivamukti, and Flow classes will ignite that fire.
- For something more contemplative and nurturing join our Gentle Yoga, Yin or Restorative classes and Free Community Meditation.
No matter which classes you start in, we always encourage diversity and students who regularly practice at Sanctuary are often found in a variety of classes enjoying all of the possibilities for
wellness from within!
Copyright Sanctuary Yoga, 2015 Ph: 352-538-7537 530 N. Mainstreet, Gainesville, FL 32601
Benefits of Yoga:
- improves strength & flexibility
- protects your spine
- prevents cartilage & joint breakdown
- supports bone health & blood flow
- boosts immunity
- lowers blood pressure
- improves athletic performance
- better balance and proprioception
- healthy hormone function
- tension release
- better sleep
- better focus